CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

command-enabled

   From: Daniel Cerys <cerys@BBN.COM>
   Sender: cerys@BBN.COM
   Date: Mon, 18 Apr 94 08:43:36 EDT

   Chris Elsaesser wrote on 18 April 1994:
    > Clim-2-beta
    > Lucid 4.0.3
    >
    > When I do:
    >
    >   (setf (clim:command-enabled 'com-Run *frame* *control-commands*) nil)
    >
    > which I thought was consistent with the doc:
    >
    > "You can use setf on clim:command-enabled in order to enable or disable a command"
    >
    > And:
    >
    > > (describe 'clim:command-enabled)
    > CLIM:COMMAND-ENABLED is a symbol.  Its home package is CLIM.
    > Its global function definition is #<Standard-Generic-Function CLIM:COMMAND-ENABLED (1)>.
    > #<Standard-Generic-Function CLIM:COMMAND-ENABLED (1)> is a compiled function.
    > Its argument list is (COMMAND-NAME FRAME &OPTIONAL COMMAND-TABLE).

   This must be a partially implemented Lucid extension.  I'm using Franz'
   CLIM and I get:
   COMMAND-ENABLED's arglist: (COMMAND-NAME (FRAME STANDARD-APPLICATION-FRAME))
   just as the documentation claims.  To be honest, I don't know what the
   command-table argument would even do; it's unnecessary given the frame.

It's an extension in some CLIM implementations.  Sometimes it is
useful to be able to ask if a command in a given command table is
enabled with respect to a frame.  The SETF function does not in fact
ever need to know what command table; it should really simply ignore
the command table arg.