CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

[spr10678] Empty command?

   Date: Mon, 25 Apr 94 19:25:53 PDT
   From: Colin Meldrum <colin@franz.com>
   Class: bh
   Bh-Id: spr10678
   Bh: append spr10678 customer

   Your problem report has been assigned a tracking id of spr10678.
   Please use this id in the subject line of any mail related to
   it so that we may better track communication on your inquiry.
   Also, please address mail to bugs@franz.com as well as me,
   so your questions can be answered if I am unavailable.

     Date: Mon, 25 Apr 1994 15:17:59 -0700
     From: Curt Eggemeyer <curt@eraserhead.jpl.nasa.gov>

     Users are complaining that if they hit a <return> on a blank or empty command
     prompt within the application, they are annoyed by message about attempting
     to complete on a null string.  Is there a way to avoid that?  This applies
     to both CLIM 1&2.

   This is fixed in ACL CLIM 2.0 final (in fact I believe it has been fixed
   since beta2). I just tried it out with the Address Book demo and hitting
   return at the "Command: " simply gives a new prompt. If you're running CLIM
   2.0 final and still get the problem, could you send me a self-contained
   test case.

Hmm, by golly, now that you mention it, I do remember fixing this bug
quite a long time ago.  The Address Book demo works as Colin says, but
I get the same old lossage in the Listener demo.