CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Toggle button misbehavior

   From: Robert Pfeiffer <rdp@netcom.com>
   Date: Sun, 1 May 1994 10:58:31 -0700 (PDT)

   I'm just starting to use CLIM 2.0 in a serious way and I'm encountering
   a few difficulties. The implementation I'm using is Allegro running on
   a SPARC in OpenLook.

   I used:

   (CLIM:WITH-OUTPUT-AS-GADGET (STREAM)
     (CLIM:MAKE-PANE 'CLIM:TOGGLE-BUTTON :INDICATOR-TYPE :SOME-OF))

   to create a check box and it basically worked correctly. Tha problem
   is that there is way too much whitespace around the check box, particularly
   to the left. I tried passing MAKE-PANE the :WIDTH argument but it narrowed
   the pane from the right which had the effect of omitting the button and only
   leaving whitespace. This was not what I had in mind. :-)

CLIM:WITH-OUTPUT-AS-GADGET is mostly for use by CLIM to build up
dialogs that have gadgets in them.

I am not qualified to comment on the appearance of such gadgets in
Allegro CLIM.

   Can anyone shed some light on this? Here are a few on my questions:

   1) Is this a general CLIM problem or a problem specific to Franz'
      implementation?

   2) If it's the latter, does anyone know if I would see the same problem
      under Motif?

   3) For comparison, I also ported this over to Genera 8.3 where the check
      boxes don't seem to work at all--they're just filled squares with no
      mousable behavior. Can anyone comment on this?

What version of CLIM?