CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: :MULTIPLE-COLUMNS option on CLIM:FORMATTING-TABLE From: Scott McKay <swm@harlequin.com> Date: Thu, 5 May 94 14:50:31 EDT

      From: Lawrence.G.Mayka@att.com
      Date: Wed, 4 May 94 12:45:14 CDT

      Sorry, I have another one of these 'feature-exists-p' questions.  The
      documentation for CLIM:FORMATTING-TABLE mentions a :MULTIPLE-COLUMNS
      option which causes each row to be broken into columns; but passing
      the keyword seems to have no effect.  An example is attached.  Again,
      am I misunderstanding something, or was this dropped from CLIM?

   What :MULTIPLE-COLUMNS does is to take a bunch of rows and arrange
   them into table having multiple columns.  What you have here is a
   table having only three rows, each of which has a lot of cells.
   :MULTIPLE-COLUMNS doesn't know how to do anything with this.

Ah yes, of course.  Each entire row is treated as an individual cell
of a column.  This makes perfect sense.  I was thinking that each row,
considered all by itself, is to be broken up into multiple (rows and)
columns.  The phrase in the documentation, that "the table rows are
broken up into multiple columns," was ambiguous.

        Lawrence G. Mayka
        AT&T Bell Laboratories
        lgm@ieain.att.com

Standard disclaimer.