CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Postscript dumps of frame output history.

>Date: Mon, 9 May 1994 19:24-0700
>From: Gregory M Anderson <gma@bitterroot.apl.washington.edu>
>Character-Type-Mappings: (1 0 (NIL 0) (:FIX :ROMAN :TINY) "TINY")
>                         (2 0 (NIL 0) (NIL :BOLD NIL) "CPTFONTCB")
>                         (3 0 (NIL 0) (NIL :ITALIC NIL) "CPTFONTI")
>Fonts: CPTFONT, TINY, CPTFONTCB, CPTFONTI
>

>I'm trying to dump an application frame output to a postscript stream (the
>frame display functions are presentations with incremental redisplay).  I thought
>that all I would have to do is call the display functions again with
>output to the postscript stream.  But CLIM seems to be trying to
>redisplay the output history on the new stream (Is it acceptable
>to change the stream on an output history?  Doesn't seem
>like it would be although it partially worked once.)
>
>And I get this error.  What am I doing wrong.
>

>2Error: No applicable method for POSTSCRIPT-CLIM::MAYBE-SET-COLOR with arguments
>       (#<POSTSCRIPT-CLIM::POSTSCRIPT-MEDIUM 1176743> #<CLIM-UTILS:NOWHERE 0.0 1070230525>)
>0While in the function #<CLOS:STANDARD-METHOD CLIM:MEDIUM-DRAW-RECTANGLE* (POSTSCRIPT-CLIM::POSTSCRIPT-MEDIUM T T T T T) 1072507463>  #<CLOS:STANDARD-METHOD CLIM:MEDIUM-DRAW-RECTANGLE* (:AROUND) (CLIM:BASIC-MEDIUM T T T T T) 1070370267>  CLOS-INTERNALS::HANDLE-MISSED-DISPATCH

I ran into this same problem (I think it was either in Lucid or
Lispworks or both) so I worked around it by defining some stubs:

#+clim-1
(defmethod clim::maybe-set-color ((stream clim::postscript-stream)
                                  (ink clim-utils::pattern))
  nil)

#+clim-2
(defmethod postscript-clim::maybe-set-color ((stream postscript-clim::postscript-medium)
                                             (ink clim-utils::pattern))
  nil)

This is obviously not a long term solution.