  To: John Aspinall <jga@harlequin.com>
  cc: clim@BBN.COM
  Subject: Re: question on table-formatting + graphics
  Date: Fri, 17 Jun 1994 14:55:39 -0400
  From: Jeff Morrill <jmorrill@BBN.COM>

    From: John Aspinall <jga@harlequin.com>
    Date: Fri, 17 Jun 1994 14:40:59 -0400
    To: marilynb@seahorse.arc.nasa.gov
    Cc: clim@BBN.COM
    Subject: question on table-formatting + graphics

    Cause of the problem: using the default type of output-record -
    coordinate-sorted-sets.  You're not really interfering with the table,
    just confusing the output-record lookup *above* the table.
    Coordinate-sorted-sets are assuming that no record inserted in the
    history after the table will overlap the table.  It's a bug.

    Easy workaround (CLIM 2 only, alas): Use an r-tree-output-history for
    the work-area pane.
    (define-application-frame test-editor ()
      (...)
      (:command-table (top-level-test-ct))
      (:panes
       (work-area
        :application
        :default-text-style '(:fix :roman :normal)
        :display-function 'display-structure
        :output-record (make-instance 'r-tree-output-history) ;; <== !
        :incremental-redisplay nil
        :scroll-bars ':both))
       )

    Then it works for me.  (Lispworks 3.2, our "Beta 7" CLIM 2.)

    John

  If we took all the money we've individually spent rediscovering this
  bug, we could have quite a party.  There is some bug in coordinate-sorted-sets
  where the output records don't get sorted correctly.  When that happens,
  mouse sensitivity goes haywire and so does incremental redisplay.

  I am dismayed that coordinate-sorted-sets are the default for panes.
  Whenever I have reasonably tricky graphics, I always override the default.

  jeff morrill

Follow-Ups: References:

Main Index | Thread Index