CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

REPLAY-OUTPUT-RECORD question

   From: Robert Pfeiffer <rdp@netcom.com>
   Date: Mon, 27 Jun 1994 07:41:01 -0700 (PDT)

   I have what I'm hoping will turn out to be a simple problem in CLIM 2.0.

   I have a pane in which I'm trying to do my own incremental redisplay (rather
   than using CLIM's facility). My approach is very straightforward with the
   only problem being that it doesn't work correctly. :-)

   When I first display the contents of the pane in question, I hold onto all
   of the presentations (which are returned by PRESENT) that I would like to
   incrementally update. All of these presentations have the same presentation
   type which I have defined to have one option (color). All I want to do
   is to SETF the PRESENTATION-TYPE of each presentation to a new presentation
   type (which has a different value for the color option) and then call
   REPLAY-OUTPUT-RECORD on each. Unfortunately, this has no effect on the
   display.

   Is it obvious to anyone where I'm going wrong?

I am now just digging out from mail accumulated over a 3 week absence.

REPLAY-OUTPUT-RECORD doesn't generate new output, it replays old
output.  You have to erase the old output, generate the new output,
and then display it.