CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

member-alist presentation type

   Date: Thu, 30 Jun 94 16:58:15 -0700
   From: Colin Meldrum <colin@Franz.COM>

   Just in case anyone missed this...

Thanks for the info!

     Date: Fri, 20 May 94 10:16:38 -0700
     From: Colin Meldrum <colin@Franz.COM>

       Date: 20 May 94 16:09:17+0200
       From: Jacques RATTIER <rattier@issy.cnet.fr>

       I am working with ACL 4.2 and CLIM-2 on SUN

	   Could someone help me on this point :

	   I use an (accept 'member-alist *alist* :default *alist*
			   :stream *query-io* :prompt "BLABLA")
	 inside an accepting-values menu where my alist *alist* is a quite long
	 one (around 40 entries).
	 In CLIM-1 the menu was correctly presented on several lines
	 but in CLIM-2 it is presented on only one.
	 This is unconvenient because the user has to scroll on a very long
	 bar.
	 How is it possible to present this presentation type on several
	 lines. (I cannot use a terpri INSIDE my accept)
	 Thank you very much for any help.

     You can use the view argument to accept, eg

     (accept `(member-alist ...) ... :view '(radio-box-view :columns 4))

     As you have so many entries you might want to consider using a list pane
     rather than a radio-box. eg.

     (accept `(member-alist ...) ... :view '(list-pane-view :visible-items 6))

   As for why the default behavior of ACL CLIM 2.0 differs from all the other
   major CLIM 2.0 implementations, I suspect that the difference may be
   because ACL CLIM 2.0 uses the native Motf (or OpenLook) toolkit to implement
   radio boxes rather than using CLIM's generic gadgets. You'd have to ask the
   other vendors because I'm not that familiar with all the other
   implementations.

   BTW I believe that the :columns argument to radio boxes is an extension -
   it doesn't appear in the spec. I don't know how you'd control this in other
   implementations - perhaps the other vendors may want to comment.

   -----
   Colin Meldrum, Franz Inc.	1995 University Avenue, Suite 275
   colin@Franz.COM (internet)	Berkeley, CA 94704
   uunet!franz!colin (uucp)	Phone: (510) 548-3600; FAX: (510) 548-8253