CLIM mail archive

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Tracking pointer problem ...

   Date: Thu, 21 Jul 1994 11:57:20 -0400
   From: Richard Billington <buff@cc.gatech.edu>

   I have some code which uses tracking-pointer for both :keyboard and :pointer-button-press
   input. When this code is called directly it runs great. When this code is called from
   a function which includes a call to clim:with-menu I can't get any keyboard input,
   only :pointer-button-press input is available. This would make some sense to me if
   the call to my function were within the scope of the clim:with-menu code, but it is
   not. Is the with-menu macro somehow leaving something around in the dynamic environment
   that is causing my tracking-pointer to ignore keyboard input, or that is eating it
   itself? This is my best guess, by I find nothing on the stack to suggest that this
   is the case.

   This is CLIM 2.1, Genear 8.3 - a rather suspect environment I'm afraid.

I bet that the event queue or input focus is in the wrong place.

Use STREAM-SET-INPUT-FOCUS to ensure the focus is on the proper stream.

If that doesn't work, could you send along a small test case?