Loop macro

I am having some trouble with the loop macro on CLISP.  When I try the
loop-for-var ... constructions, it complains that var is undefined rather
than defining it as a local variable.  Any suggestions for making LOOP
work according to Common Lisp conventions?

| Jeff Bishop                  |                                          |
|                              | "Real programmers don't document.  If it |
| Department of Linguistics    |  was hard to write, it should be hard to |
| Northwestern University      |  understand."                            |