Re: Loop macro

Jeff Bishop <jbishop@nwu.edu> writes:

> I am having some trouble with the loop macro on CLISP.  When I try the
> loop-for-var ... constructions, it complains that var is undefined rather
> than defining it as a local variable.  Any suggestions for making LOOP
> work according to Common Lisp conventions?

CLISP's LOOP macro is a CLtL1 loop, a simple loop.

The (LOOP FOR var ...) constructs use the CLtL2 loop macro. I have an
implementation of it, but I don't distribute it with clisp because I
discourage the use of LOOP as long as the ANSI CL draft has inconsistencies
in its specification.

It is on ma2s2.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de:
/pub/lisp/clisp/packages/UNSUPPORTED/loop.lsp.z.

                    Bruno Haible
                    haible@ma2s2.mathematik.uni-karlsruhe.de