Compiling 1993-11-08 for HP-UX 8.07

I tried to compile CLISP for the HP9000s700 at work today.
Most things went fine except the arihppa file; it seems to be in
HP assembler syntax, and I'm using GAS with GCC.  So I changed
the makefile line from ... "|| as" to "|| /bin/as".

The CLISP that resulted from this worked well except for one thing:
if I pressed CTRL-C it died from a SIGALRM.  I briefly
looked at unix.c, unixaux.c, and spvw.c and the alarm_handler()
and interrupt_handler() is somewhat complex so I didn't have time
to explore more.

I'll investigate further tomorrow but any hints are welcome.