Re: Garnet 3.0 Speedup anyone?

   Date: Sat, 24 Jun 95 02:50:05 +0200
   From: Aschwin Gopalan <gopalan@physik.uni-kl.de>

   Hi!

   First, let me thank Bruno Haible and the others for their wonderful
   CLISP. It helped me a lot along my way to learn the language. Now I started
   experimenting with garnet. I got garnet 3.0 from cmu and finally got
   it to compile on my linux box. I am using the latest clisp binarie for linux
   from ma2s2. Everything seems to work and I like the Idea of the Garnet
   System very much. BUT: Some of the demos and everything I try with bitmaps

I used to use Garnet, but I've found that Tcl works faster.  It comes
with the very nice Tk toolkit.  I have a program that lets a Lisp
(e.g., CLISP) process launch and command Tcl windows, allowing one to
avoid programming in Tcl's hideous syntax...

+-     PETER DUDEY DRAKE      279-D SE Lilly Ave.,  Corvallis, OR  97333     -+
|       MS student in Artificial Intelligence, Oregon State University        |
|           "Vacillating between osophagy and outright sitophobia."           |
+-  drakep@research.cs.orst.edu        (finger dudeyp@research.cs.orst.edu)  -+