Re: Newest CLISP under Linux

On Thu, 31 Aug 1995 bernardp@cli.di.unipi.it wrote:

>    On Wed, 30 Aug 1995, Marcus Daniels wrote:
>
>    > >>>>> "Oliver" == Oliver ANDRICH <andrich@mailhost.uni-koblenz.de> writes:
>    >
>    > Oliver> has anybody compiled the latest CLISP-Version under Linux in
>    > Oliver> aout format?  Or does there only exist the ELF-Binaries?
>    >
>    > I only built ELF binaries.  If someone has build a.out binaries,
>    > send me email and I'll get them up on ma2s2.
>
>    Well, I tried it myself an hour ago, but I wasn't able to compile it on
>    my Linux box, but I think I will do some problem hunting tonight.
>

> I just built it.
>
> I encountered problems when trying to build it in the src directory.
> It was ok to build it in another directory e.g. ./configure foo
> (When I leaved home it was still 'make check'ing, but it seems
> to work ok)

Ok, may be that was my problem. But I think you have to start the
configure script within the src dir and not as mentioned in INSTALL or
unix/INSTALL in the base distribution dir, haven`t you? I think that that
has to be change in the INSTALL files, too. And btw, are you going load
it up to the ftp-server?

---
See ya on the darkside,        "Love is an act of blood and I am bleeding
				a pool in the shape of the heart."
Oliver.                           (Dreamtheater - Space-Dye West)

email: Oliver_Andrich@bammbamm.fido.de
       andrich@infko.uni-koblenz.de      (reachable only from .de)
http://www.uni-koblenz.de/~andrich       (My dark chamber ]|->)
Gothic: 13:490/2.33 / Fido: 2:2454/130.103 / Vnet: 46:9611/1102.103