[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: small integers
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: small integers
- From: moon (David A. Moon)
- Date: Wed, 14 Oct 92 18:26:32 EDT
- Cc: Scott_Fahlman@SEF-PMAX.SLISP.CS.CMU.EDU, email@example.com
> Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1992 22:33:27 -4
> From: firstname.lastname@example.org (James E. O'Dell)
> ...garbled line-wrapped message elided...
When I said "often" I meant that the compiler can often optimize the code, not
that the code would often return the correct answer. The infrequent case
would be slightly slower code that has to do an overflow check, not code that
returns the wrong answer!