Using Macros in Lisp

I am trying to use macros in a very large program to
  a. reduce the size of the source code,
  b. make the source code easier to read,
  c. Be a really cool lisp programmer.

As I am somewhat failing on (a) and (b) I am miserably
failing at (c).  Sigh.

I was hoping that someone with more lisp knowledge
than myself (ie. anyone) could provide some advice or
direct me to some papers that would help.

usual-sigh.  Sometimes programming can make you feel
so low....

  -- Luke

PS. Thanks for listening to the drivel, and thanks
    for any help/advice/ sample code (hint, hint)