Color in Fred (text editing) Windows

has anyone managed to get color working in Fred windows for use with
everyday text editing? What I would like to do is be able to set different
items of text to be in different colors. It is important that the color
attributes be saved to disk.

I have no trouble creating a color window when I specialize a window
instance for my own purposes; what I want to use is a normal Fred window
so that the save-document command will also save the color info.

Thanks in advance.

Martin

Martin Stanley                                  Department of Computer Science
mts@ai.toronto.edu  -or-                        University of Toronto
mts@ai.utoronto.ca                              Kings College Circle
                                                Toronto, Ontario