Cutting problem: me too

> I recently got a mac LC, and upgraded to system 7. Whenever I do a
> copy/paste I get the message 'nothing to paste'. Ctrl-y does work
> however. Doing the copy/paste a second time usually works too. I
> never had this problem on my mac-plus.
> I thought it might have something to do with with the 'emacs-settings'
> or something, but I couldn't find anything.
> I don't know if this is a LC or system 7 problem, or something
> entirely different.

This must be a system 7 problem- I have been having the same problem
on my SE, but I too was assuming that I had inadvertently changed an
MCL flag or something- though I could not imagine what flag might
control such behaviour. It is most annoying, but repeated cutting
does always do the trick for me. Surely someone has a better
solution....?
                                      Chris

*   Chris Westbury cxea@mcgilla.ca                              *
*   Department Of Psychology, McGill University                 *
*    "We dignify our stupidities when we set them up in type."  *
*                                     Michel De Montaigne       *