fred-window

In my application, I let the users to use a fred-window to
enter and evalute some expressions.  The problem comes when
the application is saved as an independent application (by
save-application).

When the fred-window is called by an independent
application, even (+ 1 2) cannot be evaluated in the
fred-window.

The message is "NIL cannot be funcalled or applied."  I
found that (ed-current-sexp) returns NIL in the independent
application, but it returns an expression in the fred-window
if in the regular lisp mode.

How do I use the fred-window to evaluate an expression in an
independent application?

Thanks.

Sheldon Shen
shen@schemer.jpl.nasa.gov