[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Accessing class slots
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Accessing class slots
- From: Ranson <ranson@LANNION.CNET.fr>
- Date: 17 Feb 92 09:47:00 GMT
- Cc: ranson@LANNION.CNET.fr
- X400-received: by /PRMD=inria/ADMD=atlas/C=FR/; Relayed; 17 Feb 92 09:46:08+0100
- X400-received: by /PRMD=CNET/ADMD=ATLAS/C=FR/; Relayed; 17 Feb 92 09:47:00 GMT
This si not really a MCL question, but I know this list has many CLOS wizards...
In C++, there is a syntax for accessing static members (= class slots) without
using an object of the class, with class_name::slot_name. From my knowledge of
CLOS, you must use SLOT-VALUE or an accessor function on an instance to access
a class slot. Have I missed something, or is there really no direct access to
class slots? If so, why?