RGB arrays/MCL 2.1

The RGB arrays question brings up a reqest for MCL 2.1:

I find myself nostalgic for the old lispm days when I could bitblt
between screen arrays and data arrays. I understand (some) of the
technical reasons why this is not trivial on the mac, but it took a
while to find out where the memory on my video card was etc., and
certainly my current hack will break when it sees a 24 bit card

Better support for data<->screen transfers would be appreciated.

---

Richard Ferrante
(617)-739-7055
ferrante@world.std.com