Finder interface

REGARDING                Finder interface
I have created a standalone application (the Tabletop) with its own
signature
and all of that good stuff.  It shows up with its own icon in Finder
windows,
and I also created icons for its documents.  My question is this, what is
the
recommended way for me to able to double-click on one of these Tabletop
documents, have it start up the Tabletop application, and have the
application
use my own file loading procedure, rather than LOAD.  Also, how to
double-click
on one these documents while the application is running, and also have the
document be read in using my own file loading procedure, rather than ED?
Preferably, a way that will work both in System 6 and 7?  I have poked
around
and discovered CCL::INSTALL-APPLEEVENT-HANDLER, CCL::OPEN-DOCUMENTS-HANDLER,
and CCL::PRINT-DOCUMENTS-HANDLER (Oh yeah, I'd also like to be able to
print documents from the handler as well).  Presumably, if I installed new
handlers for opening and printing documents, this would work, but there are
two drawbacks.  (1)  I would have to mess around with Apple events, and
although
I'd do it if I had to, I'm hoping that there's a simpler answer and (2) It
wouldn't
work under System 6.  I'm running MCL 2.0b1p3.

Laura Bagnall