Getting a fred-window subclass to scroll not via view-click-event-h

Dear Friends:

I'm defining an outline-window subclass of fred-window. I need to
handle all clicks specially (to expand and collapse nodes) but I still
want clicking in scroll bars to do the usual. Putting my code code in
a view-click-event-handler :after method doesn't work because the
usual selects text, etc

I'm not sure the approved technique for checking for a click inside a
scrollbar. Inspecting my outline-window shows ccl::hscroll and
ccl::vscroll slots which are filled with Mac Handles. These are
probably control handles and would probably somehow serve my purposes.
I'd appreciate any suggestions you might have.

matt

(Note: My next matts-utils will include outline-window, which is
looking clean and useful.)