[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
- To: info-mcl
- Subject: RFD: comp.lang.dylan
- From: email@example.com (Jim Meehan)
- Date: 13 Nov 92 11:13:10 GMT
- Approved: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Followup-to: news.groups
- Newsgroups: news.announce.newgroups, news.groups, comp.object, comp.lang.scheme, comp.lang.lisp, comp.lang.lisp.mcl, comp.lang.c++, comp.lang.misc, comp.lang.smalltalk, comp.lang.functional, comp.lang.clos
- Organization: digital
- Sender: email@example.com (David C Lawrence)
REQUEST FOR DISCUSSION
For discussion of the Dylan language. The newsgroup would be
gatewayed with the mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dylan(TM) is a new object-oriented language, described in a book
published by Apple Computer in April 1992. Many people have expressed
interest in the language since then, and prototype implementations are
In September, Apple created four public mailing lists for discussions
of Dylan; the one called info-dylan is used for discussing any and
all aspects of the language. In just over a month, the volume of
mail on info-dylan has reached the point where a newsgroup would
be more useful than a mailing list; indeed, some subscribers have
already removed their names from the list because of the high volume.
Apple will maintain a gateway with the mailing list so that current
subcribers to info-dylan who lack newsgroup access will still be
able to participate in the discussions.
Comments about this proposal should be sent to news.groups.
The discussion period will end December 4, 1992. If there is a consensus at
that time, a Call For Votes will be posted.
[[ This is the first time this proposal has been "officially" brought up.
We're sorry for any confusion a prior call for votes may have
caused some people. Jim did not realise his posting had not
really gone to news.announce.newgroups because the group was
not marked moderated at his site. -- tale ]]