ptable bug??

I think the following Message I posted two weeks ago may never have hit
the net:

hello everybody-

I _think_ there might be a subtile bug in the ptable init:
   I just set up my Quadra on my office desk after having used it at home
for a few days.  Normally, this is not a painful reinstallation, but this
time, I wasn't able to get the ethernet connection going, that is: The
Network CDEV wasn't able to activate the ethernet connection for me, and
warned me that it selected the localtalk connection instead.
    I picked out network inits and cdevs, one after the other, restarted
between each, but still the mac responded that it couldn't set up the
ethernet connection.
As a last try (after a dozen restarts) I removed the ptable init (after
all, I didn't have _that_ the last time I reconnected the mac to the
ethernet...), and voila! it worked!
Espen J. Vestre,                          espen@coli.uni-sb.de
Universitaet des Saarlandes,
Computerlinguistik, Gebaeude 17.2
Im Stadtwald,                          tel. +49 (681) 302 4501
D-6600 SAARBRUECKEN, Germany           fax. +49 (681) 302 4351