Simulating selections

Hi,

I've been taking a break from lisp for the last six months so maybe my
brain has just addled (rhetorical statement - no comments necessary).

My problem is that I have some static text items in a window and I want
them to seem selected when the user clicks on them. At the moment I use
invert-rect to make the text white on black, but I've changed my selection
color to red so black on red would be more in keeping with the rest on my
apps (and then to turn it into a red outline if the window isn't the front
one (as fred does)...

Any simple way to do this? Thanks in advance.

Denis
Denis Howlett                                 | Phone: +617 890 7730
Logica North America Inc.                     | Fax:   +617 890 5034