[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: versioning files in MCL
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: versioning files in MCL
- From: Ranson <ranson@LANNION.cnet.fr>
- Date: 02 Mar 93 07:53:00 GMT
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- X400-received: by /PRMD=inria/ADMD=atlas/C=FR/; Relayed; 02 Mar 93 07:52:51+0100
- X400-received: by /PRMD=CNET/ADMD=ATLAS/C=FR/; Relayed; 02 Mar 93 07:53:00 GMT
When the world was flat (before the Hierarchical File System HFS), the Mac file
system had version numbers for files, but it was not supported by the rest of
system software (e.g. a file with version /= 0 was invisible in the Finder).
When HFS came in, version numbers were dropped completely.
So unless MCL wants to simulate it, you will have to do without.