compile-file

I am at a loss.

Both *compiler-warnings* and *fasl-compiler-warnings*
(page 300 of the MCL manual) do not seem to exist.

On page 300 under *fasl-compiler-warnings* it says that it is the default value
of the :warnings keyword argument to "compile-file" which does not
agree with Steele (no such keyword) and using such creates an error.

In short, the top part of page 300 seems in error.

I usually declare variables and don't have this problem, but there
is a reason why in this case I should not.

I read recently on this network of *suppress-compiler-warnings* which
would be great use but does not exist either.

Can someone help out?

Thanks.