Re: compile-file

At  5:11 PM 8/21/93 -0700, howell@cats.ucsc.edu wrote:
>I am at a loss.
>
>Both *compiler-warnings* and *fasl-compiler-warnings*
>(page 300 of the MCL manual) do not seem to exist.
>
>On page 300 under *fasl-compiler-warnings* it says that it is the default value
>of the :warnings keyword argument to "compile-file" which does not
>agree with Steele (no such keyword) and using such creates an error.
>
>In short, the top part of page 300 seems in error.

Which version of the manual are you looking?  In my 2.0 version, page 300 is about
Macintosh physical and logical pathnames.  I also looked in the 1.3.2 version, but it
doesn't correspond to your description either.

These variables indeed do not exist in MCL 2.0; I haven't used older versions, so can't
say if they used to exist.

>I usually declare variables and don't have this problem, but there
>is a reason why in this case I should not.
>
>I read recently on this network of *suppress-compiler-warnings* which
>would be great use but does not exist either.
>
>Can someone help out?

This variable definitely does exist.  It is in the CCL package.  If apropos didn't find
it, there is something seriously wrong with your lisp image.