Re: arg-list

Excerpts from internet.listserv.info-mcl: 27-Sep-93 Re: arg-list by Tod
Casasent@optlab2.bk.
> > I think he means the names of the arguments, as opposed to:
> >
> > ARG0 ARG1 OPT0
> >
> > I would like to know this too.
>
> If this is the case, I think the below works:
>
> (setf (arglist <symbol>) (arglist>)
>
> where <symbol> is the name of the function and <arglist> is the
argument list.
> Also, see page 342 of the MCL Reference.  I think this should probably be
> wrapped in an eval-when.

This is kind of what I wanted.

I have a machine with tons-o-memory.  I want every function that gets
compiled to have the arglist set to the names *I* use in the function
definition.  In the case of methods, I suppose the most general would be
appropriate.  At this point, I have surmised that there is no switch
that I can flip to make this happen.

I think I can hack the eval-function and eval-buffer commands to do the
right thing.

Thanks,

Blaine.