Fred and WorldScripts

   From: Paul Meurer <Paul.Meurer@mi.uib.no>
   Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp.mcl
   Date: 1 Dec 1993 14:17:44 GMT

   Since nobody answered this question, I'll try it again:

Then I quote a message from info-mcl in this April.

   Date: Sat, 3 Apr 93 01:43:57 JST
   From: Katsunobu Imai <imai@sakura.bpe.osaka-u.ac.jp>
   Subject: WorldScript

   > Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1993 14:22:55 -0600
   > From: bill@cambridge.apple.com (Bill St. Clair)

   > This is now at the top of my queue. I've already added variable line
   > heights and word wrap to Fred and eliminated the LAP. Next is Script
   > Manager and 2-byte character support. Please don't ask for ship dates;
   > Apple policy doesn't allow me to say. Know, however, that there's a warm
   > body in Cambridge actually writing code for this.

   This is very good news for me.

Yes, this was very good news for me too. Since I read this message, I
am stopping to improve kanji-fred and waiting the new version.

But I know nothing any more about it.

----- Thanks -----
Masaya UEDA
ueda@shpcsl.sharp.co.jp
Information Technology Research Lab., SHARP Co.
2613-1 Ichinomoto, Tenri, Nara 632, JAPAN