using a dialog from a resource file

Can anyone tell me how to manipulate dialogs loaded from resources from
within MCL -- or am I crazy to be thinking about doing this?

If I do this, do I have to handle all of the event processing myself or is
there a way of using the nice MCL stuff for dealing with windows, views,
and dialog items in conjunction with a dialog item & item list from a
resource file?

Also, if people have recommendations for how to structure a tool-palette,
I'd love to hear them.

Tips, flames, sample code all appreciated. :-)  Thanks.

-Tom

Tom McDougal   mcdougal@cs.uchicago.edu   +1 (312) 702-9923
     University of Chicago Artificial Intelligence