Re: updating a dialog connected to a scroll-bar

>I call
>
>   (set-dialog-item-text target (format nil "~d" current-value))
>
>but the text doesn't change while the mouse is down.  How do I force
>the update?  What principle lies behind the delay?

The item is invalidated by set-dialog-item-text, but is not redrawn until
the next update-event. Mouse events have higher priority than update
events.

I do something like this:

(defmethod scroll-bar-changed ((st e-text-scrollee) sb)
  (set-dialog-item-text st (princ-to-string (scroll-bar-setting sb)))
  (view-focus-and-draw-contents st))