[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
updating a dialog connected to a scroll-bar
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: updating a dialog connected to a scroll-bar
- From: email@example.com (Paul Shannon)
- Date: Mon, 8 Aug 1994 02:30:58 GMT
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp.mcl
- Organization: nrao
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
A simple question with a simple answer, I'm sure:
I have an editable-text-dialog-item which is the 'scrollee' of
a scroll-bar-dialog-item, and a generic function
that's called with every mouse event on the scoll-bar.
scroll-bar-track-thumb-p is true. When I put a format
statement in the scroll-bar-changed method, I see that the method
is truly being called with every mouse event. The problem is
that the text-dialog is not updated until the mouse events stop.
(set-dialog-item-text target (format nil "~d" current-value))
but the text doesn't change while the mouse is down. How do I force
the update? What principle lies behind the delay?
- Paul Shannon
National Radio Astronomy Observatory