[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: PPC-Native Common Lisp?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org (Lawrence G. Mayka)
- Subject: Re: PPC-Native Common Lisp?
- From: Fred Terry <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 23 Aug 94 00:10:29 -0500
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-reply-to: Your message of "Mon, 22 Aug 94 15:55:53 GMT"
- References: <777273121.AA09118@clone.his.com> <LGM.94Aug22105554@polaris.ih.att.com>
>Here are Harlequin's and Franz's addresses from the comp.lang.lisp
>FAQ. I suspect that concrete statements like "I would buy x copies of
>Common Lisp for the PowerMac at y dollars apiece" are more persuasive
>than "I might have to use a PowerMac someday." I also suspect that
>other things being equal, vendors would probably prefer to port their
>current CL implementations to the PowerMac (perhaps with an MCL
>compatibility package) rather than porting MCL per se.
Wouldn't it be better to encourage Paradigm since they've already picked
up one of the Corel products (Logo)? They might be a darkhorse, but they've
shown commitment to the Mac once before by saving a product.
Fred Terry, The Alta Group, email@example.com, +1 913/841-1283