MCL and PowerBooks

I am looking for some advice/comments on PowerBooks for MCL. The only
reason we have bought PowerBooks in our group is to run MCL.

We currently have some PowerBook 180cs and we are considering the
PowerBook 540c and the PowerBook Duo 280c. I have read the official
specs to find out the obvious hardware differences. I am interested in
finding out:
 1) Does MCL run on the 540c and 280c?
 2) How do the 540c and 280c compare with the 180c in speed (especially for
floating point operations)?
 3) any other comments/experiences that are relevant to MCL

Thanks,
Narinder