Re: MCL and PowerBooks

At 11:29 AM 9/6/94 -0700, Narinder Singh wrote:
 >I am looking for some advice/comments on PowerBooks for MCL. The only
 >reason we have bought PowerBooks in our group is to run MCL.
 >
 >We currently have some PowerBook 180cs and we are considering the
 >PowerBook 540c and the PowerBook Duo 280c. I have read the official
 >specs to find out the obvious hardware differences. I am interested in
 >finding out:
 > 1) Does MCL run on the 540c and 280c?
 > 2) How do the 540c and 280c compare with the 180c in speed (especially for
 >floating point operations)?
 > 3) any other comments/experiences that are relevant to MCL
 >
 >Thanks,
 >Narinder

MCL should run on the 540c ok if you add the missing-FPU patch.
Get it from cambridge.apple.com:/pub/mcl/patches/missing-FPU/

In any case, you should upgrade to MCL 2.0.1. The upgrade is in
this same directory, or you can order it from APDA for $25
(includes a cdrom and three diskettes).

I'm afraid I have no benchmark info.