[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Does MCL work with System 7.5?
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: Does MCL work with System 7.5?
- From: email@example.com (Sunil Mishra)
- Date: 19 Sep 1994 21:19:33 GMT
- Distribution: comp
- In-reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org's message of 18 Sep 94 18:06:56
- Newsgroups: comp.lang.lisp.mcl
- Organization: Bizzare Inc.
- References: <PHILG.94Sep18180656@camelot.ai.mit.edu>
In article <PHILG.94Sep18180656@camelot.ai.mit.edu> email@example.com (Philip Greenspun) writes:
Does MCL work with System 7.5? I'm having some horrendous bugs ever
since I installed System 7.1.2, a PowerPC card, and a CD-ROM drive in
my Quadra 800 (some extension makes my desktop folder immutable so
that, for example, nothing can be thrown into the trash). I'm
thinking that rather than debug this, I could just upgrade to System
7.5 and my world would be a beautiful place. However, if there are
known screws with System 7.5 and MCL, I don't want to screw myself
Thanks a lot.
I have system 7.5 on a PowerPC, and I have managed to run lisp. I have not
tried doing anything on lisp, but it runs. The computer is recently
acquired. With system 7.1.2, I had been told that with the PowerPC patch
for virtual memory and with the Modern Memory Manager turned off, there
should not be many problems. But I would like to hear if there have been
other problems with lisp with the above patches.