fred printing without the standard header?

I use the fred editor for word/text processing. I add some of the useful
contributed code and think the resulting capability is what I want to use.
One problem that I have is I can't print without the header, which gives the
window-name, date, time and page-number.  How can I control what's in the
header or eliminate it? I looked at Print-U.lisp and don't recognize the
code that I need, if it's there.
Thanks for your help..............George Hambleton