Re: MCL emulation ok on PPC? Also, QD GX?

futrelle@ccs.neu.edu (Robert Futrelle) writes:

>I save lots of stuff from this group, but can find nothing
>about MCL emulation on the PPC.  Does it run in emulation?
>Do I need a patch?  Sorry to ask an old question again.
>I vaguely remember something about MacCi performaance,
>which suggests it does run in emulation (but I'm not
>going to base a PPC purchase decision on that memory trace!).

>and, BTW:  What about QuickDraw GX?  Are those libraries
>readily accessible from MCL on both 68K and PPC machines?

Yup, MCL2.0.1 runs fine under emulation on a PowerMac. I haven't
done any interesting performance checks, but the system "feels"
(to my relatively inexperienced hands) at least as responsive
as the same software on a IIfx, that is, pretty decent.

I haven't heard anything about a native version of MCL yet.

Sorry, haven't looked at a GX interface at all yet.

Mark Lankton (lankton@spot.colorado.edu)
Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics
University of Colorado