Re: A Dylan implemented on Common Lisp

In article <D53J7v.9oB@sybase.com> schumach@sybase.com (Lee Schumacher) writes:
>all, CL was largely design by commitee, and no one had any absolute power
>over it.  Secondly, if anyone did have that power it was Guy Steele, who
>wrote the manual, and not Scott.

Not to belittle Guy's efforts, I think it's appropriate to set the record
straight, since this is a common confusion.  While Guy alone wrote CLtL (1
and 2), he didn't have any veto power.  His role was to describe the
results of the committee work -- he was more like a reporter than an
author.
--
Barry Margolin
BBN Internet Services Corp.