MCL and CLIM 2 update

As you may recall Digitool asked back in December for a quantification of
the level of interest in CLIM 2 for MCL and indicated that we would have a
decision regarding its development in January.

About 20 large MCL sites responded expressing firm interest in around 60
CLIM licenses. The response, though not overwhelming, was a clear
indication of the importance of CLIM to a certain group of large MCL sites.
Our apologies for the delay in reporting back, but it has taken some time
to investigate various possibilities.  Unfortunately, none have resulted in
an agreement regarding CLIM on the Mac.

Digitool will not itself undertake the implementation of CLIM 2 for MCL.
Our focus remains the PowerPC implementation of MCL and a host of
enhancements both around it and prior to it.

MCL on the PowerPC will be an even more attractve platform for interface
builders such as CLIM.  We believe that there is an opportunity for a
CLIM-capable third party to undertake the effort.  And if one or more were
to step forward, Digitool would certainly cooperate and coordinate with
them.

Thank you to all those who took the time to make their views on CLIM known.

Sincerely,

Hazem Sayed

Digitool, Inc.
                       One Main Street   7th Floor   Cambridge, MA 02142   USA
                           Internet: hsayed@digitool.com   AppleLink: digitool
                                      World Wide Web: http://www.digitool.com/
                                         Tel: 617 441-5000   Fax: 617 576-7680