AppleGuide and MCL

Has anyone tried writing an AppleGuide guide for their MCL app? I was
playing around with it this weekend, and I couldn't get any coachmarks
to draw. I know the basic coachmark code was OK because if I tell it to
draw to the front application, it works, as long as the front
application is not my MCL app (or MSWord)

Since the coachmarks don't draw on MSWord, I suspect this has something
to do with non-standard use of windows and menus.

All of which makes me think that I'd have better luck using object
coachmarks, but in order to do that, I need interfaces for the
AppleGuide API. Do these exist? I'd especially need
AGInstallCoachHandler (and the ability to create a CoachReplyProc). In
lieu of that, I'm willing to use the corresponding AppleEvents -- are
these documented anywhere? (I know that an object coach turns into an
'ApCC' 'draw' event with the 'iNam' parameter the name of the argument,
but I don't know how to reply to this).

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

If you haven't used it, AppleGuide is really cool and would be a great
addition to lots of MCL apps.

Steve