Re: Deliver Quicktime with MCL app?

In article <poeck-2703951721450001@wi6a65.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de>,
poeck@informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de (Karsten Poeck) wrote:

:  However we cannot assume that every student has quicktime.
I think if they have System 7 they will have Quicktime.
:
:  May we deliver quicktime 1.x or 2.x together with our app or would we
:  violate apple rules with that. Buying a restribution license would not be
:  a problem if in the <= $100 range.
It used to be the case you had to pay something (certainly > $100) to
distribute a commercial program with Quicktime.  However along with the
Apple Quicktime law suit against Intel and Microsoft there was some
freeing up of Quicktime for developers.  Perhaps someone here knows the
latest story?