Re: Saving color windows as PICT files

On Thu April, 13, Nandita Mukhopadhyay asks:
  I have been using the function with-pict-output-file defined
  in the file 'picture-files.lisp' found in the examples folder
  of MCL 2.0 to save a color window to a file. There seems to be
  a problem in saving a window that is more than 200x200 in size,
  apparently. Specifically, I cannot use another application (e.g
  TeachText) to view a file saved in this fashion. This doesn't
  happen if the window is a normal one (not a color window).
You don't mention which version of teachtext or the system you
are using. The old version of teachText could not process large
pictures (e.g. TeachText 7.0). Files were limited to approximately
32k in size. However, the new version does not have this problem.
A color picture with 8 bit color map would exceed the limit if
the window were about 200 x 200 pixels in size.

Other programs can "read" pict documents. Word processing programs
(MIcrosoft word), paint programs (SuperPaint, MacDraw, MacDraft) can
all read pictures and do not have a 32k limit.

mark