Re: string to symbol, how?

In article <poeck-0605951244570001@wi6a65.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de>,
poeck@informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de (Karsten Poeck) wrote:

> In article <3ocrgq$7in@waage.rz.uni-ulm.de>, stede@faw.uni-ulm.de (Manfred
> Stede) wrote:
>
> > it: can someone tell me how to convert a string to a symbol?
>
> (intern (string-upcase "The string") (find-package :your-favorite-package))
>
>  Karsten A. Poeck, Lehrstuhl fuer Informatik VI, Universitaet Wuerzburg

The only problem with using intern rather than read-from-string is that
your final symbol is sensitive to the print-case you happen to have set.
Read-from-string doesn't behave this way, but does return multiple-values
(if for some strange reason you care about that).

Peace,

Douglas Merrill

--
Douglas C. Merrill