Re: MCL 3.0 & ANSI standard

HS> At 12:05 PM 5/23/95, George P Williams wrote:

>> Please clarify where MCL 3.0 stands with respect to the recently
>> approved ANSI standard.

HS> As a result of Apple's work, MCL already incorporates much of the ANSI
HS> draft post CLtL 2nd Edition.  What specific additions and changes in the
HS> ANSI standard are you most interested in seeing supported and within what
HS> time frame do you expect your projects to incorporate them?

I can't say that we have requirements for specific ANSI features.
However, it's important to be able to find out where MCL is in the
process of migration from CLtL2 to ANSI when migrating applications
between different CL implementations.  This allows us to know what
features to use/avoid in code which must be run in multiple
environments.

Franz, for instance, has detailed documentation describing what parts of
the ANSI spec are not yet implemented.  (I have no affiliation with
Franz, except as a user of their lisp.)

Thanks,
George Williams            Senior Principle Scientist
The Boeing Company         Huntsville Advanced Computing Group
POBox 240002, M/S JN-55    Internet: George.Williams@hsvaic.hv.boeing.com
Huntsville AL 35824-6402   Phone: 205+461-2950 FAX: 205+461-2286