help needed

Hi,
   I am currently learning common lisp. It seems to me that lisp is pretty hard to handle more complex algorithm, although its syntax looks easier.

   I'd like to implement a sort(insertion and selection)  function using simple simple functions like DEFUN, CAR, CDR, >, LAMBDA, ... etc. However, I never got my sort function work. I know lisp has a sort function provided but i like to see the actual implementation.

If anyone has a sort function(any), can you send me a copy?
OR if you know how to implement one easily, can you drop me a line?

thanks for any help

htang@cis.ohio-state.edu