Package problem in compiled files

Why is it that when I compile a Lisp file in AKCL, that the .o file contains a
reference to all packages that existed in the compile-time environment, even
though the Lisp code contains no reference to symbols in these packages?

This is a problem because when I later try to load the .o file into a different
environment, one in which all these packages are not defined, the .o file
refuses to load (I get an error saying that the offending package - which I
have no need for - is not defined).

-- David Cogen.