AKCL on NeXT?

I'd like to learn about the latest information on porting AKCL to
the NeXT computer (in particular, NeXTstation 2.1 running 68040).
The best thing I could make to work is an executable binary of
AKCL-1-586-NeXT that I got from sonata.cc.purdue.edu.  I couldn't
compile the AKCL-1-599-NeXT source from the same ftp site.
Needless to say, unmodified AKCL-1-605 doesn't compile at all.

I'm not on this mailing list, so please send your message directly
to <chou@cs.ucla.edu>.  Thanks in advance!

- Ching Tsun